Sunday, February 1, 2009

Earlier, Still in College - Past lives?

Earlier in college and right after. . .

 

I laid down about a half-hour before dinner was scheduled for the dorm one time. The second my head hit the pillow, it started. This was very uneven and rough compared to how the vibrations had mellowed out recently. Something different was going on here. There was a brief pause, and then I found myself looking down at the side of railroad tracks, and there was a lone yellow flower. At the time, I knew this flower was a favorite of my young daughter and that she was now sick. I remember thinking that it was good to be home, even under the circumstances. There was an epidemic. It was still going on. I was a doctor. I had been away helping in a larger city near us. Certain members of my family and friends there had already died, and I was feeling a bit sick myself. I did what I could to comfort my family, and then I was too sick to do anything for them, or myself. When this one ended, I felt physically exhausted, and my stomach was in knots. I went down to dinner only because I had paid for it. My appetite slowly returned. I have not had another experience quite like that one.

 

Exploring with others

When I was in Forestry Summer Camp for my major, I had a tent-mate named RH. I learned fairly early on that he had an interest in meditation, so I brought up the possibility of using meditation to get to the state that preceded the so-called out-of-body sensations I was interested in. He asked me about what he might need to know, and then he said he was going to try it.

 

His initial try, he told me was a success, or so he thought. It depended on what I had to say about it. He found himself consciously traveling while he was meditating. He figured that he should attempt to go to a place that I would easily recognize by his description, and that would be significant to me, and previously unknown to him. What he described sounded exactly like a newly built church right across the street from the triplex that JM and I were in at that point. I had thought it was an odd-looking church and described it to JM as looking like a Sizzler Steak restaurant. It had floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides, really overly exaggerated rooflines, and the interior carpeting color clashed badly with the exterior brick walkways, which was a prominent characteristic, due to the windows meeting at ground level. He described the windows, and the fact the building did not look like what it was, and the fact that the interior floors did not match the exterior. Did he really go there, or did I allow him to probe my memory for a place like that for him to describe to me? It is hard to know.

 

One result of RH’s success at describing this building to me was that he got very interested in the possibilities. We discussed whether it would be possible to both “project” at the same time and then meet at a certain spot and have a shared experience. The thing is, that for me, doing this had always been a hit or miss sort of thing. I could not just decide to do it at will. But, I attempted to set up a scenario, such that if I was successful in having an experience, I would attempt to visit him. Over time, some of it when we should have been doing school work, we talked of this for many hours and had a few things happen that were interesting.

 

Once, I was able to have an experience at a similar time that we had agreed to. I think we had a standing time set for every night. This time, I was able to generate the typical sensations of an OOBE, and I traveled across town, plunking down to a stop finally. I could not see much, but I thought I heard snoring. He later reported that at that time, he had planned to be there and awake to try to see me if I was able to get there. He fell asleep. I do not count this as a “hit” though. The snoring could have been my own. But, as I said earlier, I knew I was awake.

 

One time, I remember having had a dream about him in which we were up in a park near his house. I was showing him how to generate light from my hands and was shining my hand light up into the trees. He also had a dream that night, in which we were up in a park, shining flashlights into the trees. This may be interesting, but would probably be considered by most to be just a coincidence. I accept that. Even if I still knew where he lived, he would probably deny that this ever happened at this point. He had moved on last time I saw him.

 

Before I lost touch with RH, I had one more encounter during an OOBE. I was trying to get to him, but for some reason, I could not find him and returned to my body. In my second attempt, I decided to go to see his wife and find out from her where he was. I flew down in front of a huge building and went to the entrance. There, standing behind a counter, was RH’s wife, and another woman I did not know. She seemed surprised to see me. I was just starting to ask about where RH was, and then I heard a dog start to bark. I knew I had to leave. As I started back, I asked for proof that I had been there. I heard a voice say a woman’s name, Nancy. I returned to my room and opened my eyes.

 

I should mention that RH’s wife was a nurse, and I knew that much at the time and that she sometimes worked nights. But I had only seen her a few times and did not know much about her. The next day, I mentioned this experience to RH, thinking it could have been a good hit, but he said that his wife had not been at work the previous night, but he would mention it to her anyway. The next day, he told me her reaction to what I had said. She basically, had turned white as a ghost and refused to talk about it, other than to say that she had had a dream that night that she had been at work, talking to her supervisor, Nancy. I drew a picture of the layout of the spot I had seen her and asked RH to see if any of it matched where she had been. She glanced at it but refused to tell him anything else. She was a bit freaked out. This went against what she believed to be possible, and she would not even discuss it with him, let alone me.

 

Levitating a table?

Sometime later, RH became a Christian. In one of my last letters to him, I described how I had been taking a class at a spiritual church here with JB, my roommate PM, and an old roommate B. In part of this class, we were asked to spiritually levitate a table. We stood around a standard card table that we all witnessed being brought into the room and set up. We all had our fingertips on the table. We concentrated on it lifting. After a time of this, it started rocking. Eventually, it tilted up so only one leg was on the ground, and it started to rotate. In rotating with it, some of the contacts with the tabletop were momentarily lost, but it kept on spinning. Then it appeared to be totally off the ground, and still spinning us around with it. For this to have been faked, we all would have had to have been in on it. There is no way any one of us alone could have lifted that thing, and made it do what it did. We finally lost contact enough, that it fell over. I told RH about that experience, and even though he had seemed very open to this sort of thing before, he could not deal with this now. He sent one letter saying I had been tricked. I sent one back telling him how it had been and how hard it would have been for any one of us to do on our own, or that it would have taken us all to be in on the trick. He never responded to that, and I lost track of him after that. I mention this just to illustrate how things can change. I think at this point, he would have denied any of our other experiments had ever happened, or if they had happened, we were being deceived somehow about what we thought had happened during them. 

 

To be continued . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

rbwalton3821@gmail.com