Monday, March 29, 2010

A future trip to the past?

In my last OOBE, it seemed that I went into the future. It turned out to be disappointing though. The place I went was just a dreary un-furnished apartment which I had explored for a minute as I was looking for other occupants. There were packed suitcases and boxes around as if people were either in the process of moving in or out. There were three other adults, and a teenage girl. I was standing in the kitchen with the adults, and the girl was sitting at the table to my right. 

I went over to a calendar that was posted on the refrigerator door to see what the date was, and noticed it was the year 2117. There was no real sense of it being in the future other than looking at the calendar. The refrigerator in the apartment seemed to be from the 1960s. So that part of it did not make a lot of sense. They did manufacture better quality appliances back then than they do currently, but this would be a stretch of reality to think one would be working in that far future day. One other weird part was that I was not the person I am now. The voice I spoke with was higher pitched than my normal voice. The "me" there, may have actually been a woman.

6 comments:

  1. I like reading your journal. What is your opinion, are obes genuine or just a form of dreaming? I seem to have them often, whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen suggestions that the brain activity in OOBE is not the same as it is in dreams, so whether it is real or not- it certainly would seem to be different. And when they are happening, they do not feel like dreams. They feel more real- even if later on you can see little holes in certain details that could not be real here. I think that they are really just a different type of perception of what is or could be out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often I have these OBEs and I wake up at night and walk around the house. I feel full conscious. I try turning on light switches and I hear and feel a click but no light. Everything is there and I can feel it but nothing works like it should. Have you ever had a confirmed OBE? I might have but I was scared to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again-

    I have had experiences just as you describe where I have gone up to a light switch and had it not work. This also happens at times with telephones and televisions. I seem to remember seeing in the old alt-out-of-body UseNet group that others reported this sort of phenomena too.

    As far as an OOBE that has been verified- well, I have one in this blog that talks about a time I may have been seen. Here is a link to it. . .
    http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/denial-you-cant-really-be-doing-this.html

    Here is another link to one I wrote about that comes close to being verified-
    http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/some-shared-experiences.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happened a while back. I had a lucid dream but it was kind of an intimate one with a college friend of mine. Next day I saw him and the first thing he said was "Hey, I saw you in a dream!" Freaked me out so I changed the subject. I wish I had let him talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there was one other experience I had that I mentioned in my college days in the blog. My girlfriend at the time lived in a dorm I could see from my dorm room. One night I had the vibrations start up and I pushed them from head to toe repeatedly. Each cycle from head to toe got stronger and stronger. As this was going on, I was thinking about my girlfriend. At some point, the vibration energy left me, and the experience ended for me. A few minutes later, I noticed her room light coming on, and she was standing in the window looking in the direction of my room. Then, the lights went out again, and I went to sleep. The next morning I asked her how she slept. She said she slept just fine until something woke her up. She said she woke up thinking about me, and went to her window. It may well have been a coincidence. But I have had so many things like this happen related to OOBE awareness that it is harder to put it into the category of coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

rbwalton3821@gmail.com