Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trying to avoid the inevitable in pre-cognitive dream

When I was married, long ago, my wife had a dream that she could not deal with, and went way beyond her scientific training. Here is how I described it at the time. 

“She did have one odd dream when I knew her. It was totally of circumstances that made no sense to her at the time. In fact, she had not told me about this dream- odd as it seemed- until she started seeing certain parts of it happening in real life. 

Long story short, it involved a car crash that we were in. But she could not resolve the circumstances of the crash. We were with people she did not know at the time, on a road we seldom took while driving- and neither of us was driving. 

We were getting a ride from people I knew, but she had not met yet. Anyway, somewhere in the visit that night, she realized her dream was starting to happen. She totally freaked out and made us drive instead of getting a ride from my friends- so we would not be in the circumstance she had dreamed of. 

Even so, we did find ourselves on that same road on the trip going home. And although we made it home in one piece, it was not without a close call. Someone came close to hitting us, pulling out into traffic after not coming to a full stop from a side road. Maybe my friend would not have seen this car if he had been driving. Maybe my wife having told me about it just made me extra alert to people doing odd things. . .”

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful illustration of how we can get future information presented to us pretty clearly, but we still are hesitant to use it.

    I've know many people who have had similar experiences to you and your wife and then they wondered afterward why they had missed the clues.

    Learning to believe in ourselves seems to be the greatest challenge we have!

    ReplyDelete

rbwalton3821@gmail.com