Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A voice wants me to wake up

The other day I was sleeping- or I think I was anyway. Out of the blue, I heard a loud voice say, “Hey! It is 4:45!” Of course, I did what anyone would have done. I woke up. I thought “who the heck was that?” And of course, thinking it was odd to have the time announced as if I actually had someplace to be or something important to do at 4:45, I turned over and looked at my clock. Guess what it said- 4:46. The voice was off by one minute, or maybe it took me a minute to wake up enough to turn over.

Why bother to wake me up internal voice- or other thing out there. And why bother to be that accurate just to wake me up before I have to be awake? If it has that accuracy, one might think an internal clock could be accurate enough to only wake you when it was time.

I know. This is not a typical out of body type thing, but it is interesting anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe your clock is off by one minute! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More likely the voice is "off"- My alarm clock is one of the atomic types. Unless the voice knows something that we do not-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing you have a clock that gets its info from a radio signal sent from a true atomic clock. Radio waves have delays. The clock may attempt to control for the delay but may not do it correctly. Radio style atomic clocks also typically have very poor quality timers because it is assumed the clock will update itself often and so not become too inaccurate. But if the clock is in a bad reception area, it might not update often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good theory. Generally the atomic clocks I have are pretty accurate as clocks even with missing an update once in a while. More likely, it just took me a bit of time to decide to look at the clock. Funny, now all my sponsored links are for alarm clocks. . .

    ReplyDelete

rbwalton3821@gmail.com