Monday, November 8, 2021

Not Here, Not Now- Maybe verification?

A member of the Astral Pulse message boards, who also has a blog out here (David Mathis) suggested to me that he had found a web page that had a listing of names in a cemetery. There was one for a person named Henry Sigal Hughes, born in 1862 and died in 1919. Next to his name was “Father Bo”. I cannot verify that this is the same person that was in my experience, whatever it was, or if maybe it was just a shorthand way to say his father was named Bo. Or, "Father Bo" could have been how he was known in his work. It did not appear from the listing for this cemetery that they did that type of shorthand though. It is an interesting coincidence if nothing else. If anyone is a member of a genealogy site and would like to try to look this person up so I can learn some details about his life, it may be interesting. 

 

High Point Cemetery
Hughesville Township, Pettis County, Missouri

WALDECKER BERTHA E., B 1867 D 1928

WALDECKER, EDWARD H., B 1864 D 1949

HUGHES, SIGAL H., FATHER BO 1862 D 1919

HUGHES, MYRTA S., MOTHER 1855 D 1934

HUGHES, THERMAN T., WWII, FEB 8 1908 D OCT 28 1937

HUGHES, WALTER W., SON B 1924 D 1940

HUGHES, JAMES W., B MAR 27 1883 D MAY 13 1950

HUGHES, SADIE L., B MAR 9 1891

 

1 comment:

  1. It was indeed an interesting coincidence. It's fine to mention my name.

    When I found that I was thinking about how common it would be for someone to go by "Father Bo".

    I hope you are able to dig up some more details on this.

    ReplyDelete

rbwalton3821@gmail.com